New Angel Cross Stitch Pattern
I started this shortly after Kira the dog died. She wasn’t what you would call a Good Dog but she was full of love for her family and I miss her.
From conception to framing it’s taken well over a year to complete. As usual with my original designs, I started by creating a pixel art piece and manually converting it into a cross stitch pattern. Then I spent months figuring out how to make it actually work in cross stitch form. It’s both a frustrating and satisfying process. It might not seem like it but most of the cross stitch has deviated from the original pixel art. Pretty much all of it has been unstitched and redone to get it just right.
My main challenge is working with a limited colour choice, particularly as a bundle of threads might look good together but don’t work well once stitched next to one another. Another issue in the precise placement of the threads – often a single square of colour is just not right (to me, at least) and I just have to change it. This is fine for pixel art – all I need to do is one simple tap of my tablet pen. And if I change my mind, there is always Ctrl+Z. With cross stitch, changing a single stitch requires unpicking the entire thread, followed by restitching. Heaven forbid I change my mind again and have to unstitch it all over again. But the end results make it worth it. :)